Hua Nan Bank
Hua Nan Bank
Hua Nan Commercial Bank Ltd.
- GROSS BUILDING FLOOR AREA (Approx.)
- COMPLETION YEAR
- DESIGN YEAR
The 154.5 meters tall Hua Nan Headquarters is comprised of three-story podium and twenty–seven-story office tower, with the main entrance and long side of the rectilinear plan facing the west. Detached from the exterior curtain wall, the peripheral structure is pushed out as an exoskeleton system, allowing the spaces in between for balconies, which also act as sun-shading devices to enhance sustainability in design. This design feature allows the interior space to be column-free, with a clean and smooth window line around it for flexibility in space planning. On the front center bay of the tower, a series of double-height “sky gardens” are stacked all the way to the top of the tower. They make for casual meeting and relaxing spaces for the office staff, and also serve as the buffer zones for reducing heat-gain from the west façade. Oversize ceiling fans are installed in these spaces to achieve the thermal destratification effect.
With additional energy saving strategies applied throughout the building system, this bank headquarters has acquired a LEED Gold rating in sustainable design.
Green Building Candidate –Taiwan EEWH/ Diamond.
- Hua Nan Bank Headquarters and "Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts" are both nominated for "Archdaily 2016 building of the Year Awards" , competition voting is on the go!!
- NO. 483 Taiwan Architect MagazineA New Standard in High-Rise Design
- Tectonic Becoming 2014, Exhibition Date：7/26-10/05
- First Prize, Hua Nan Bank Headquarters Competition